The security for the Canopy system has been update. The two main updates are limiting the number of login attempts and logging the user out after being idle.
1. The user now gets three attempts to enter their password correctly.
- The first wrong attempt just returns an error saying Error Loggin In
- With the second wrong attempt, the system will warn the user they only have one attempt left before being temporarily locked out.
- The third wrong attempt temporarily locks the user out for 15 minutes and displays the time they can try again.
2. The security token now allows the user to stay in the program continuously as long as they remain active. If Canopy has not been active and is idle for 30 minutes, the system will automatically log the user out.